How to recognize good Pet Friendly Hotels
Over the last decades, the relationship between man and pets has become more and more tight.
If in recent years dogs and cats lived a living outside of their homes, they are now mostly considered family members. For this reason many people carry their own animal with them during the summer holidays or simply for a relaxing weekend.
Until a few years ago, the hotel that could accommodate dogs and cats were really few, so the bosses were faced with a big problem: who would leave the puppy during their holidays? Many families were therefore forced to spend more money to pay a summer pension for their dogs or cats.
In recent years, the situation has fortunately changed. Many hotels have opened their doors to animals and today vacationing with their dog or cat is no longer a problem. In fact, it’s becoming a normal thing!
But what exactly are a Pet friendly Hotels? For a hotel it is not enough to allow pets to be pet friendly. The location must in fact allow a happy stay to our four-legged friends. Let’s see together what needs to have an excellent pet friendly hotel.
- Outdoor space: animals can not read, watch movies or surf the Internet, so if they stay still they get bored. If immobility is a necessary condition during the trip, it can not be during the entire stay in the hotel. For this reason, the hotel has an outdoor space for our animal friends. Most importantly for dogs, who love movement and above all play on the grass with their boss.
- Short trips to the hotel: when pets have to do their own needs they can not wait and therefore, if possible, it would be best to reserve the rooms closest to hotel exits to eligible pets.
- Balcony in the room: having an outside space inside the room is an ideal solution for the cat. This animal by nature is lonely, so it does not like being taken to the fun. Having a space to lie down without being bothered by him is indispensable.
- Food and water offered by the hotel: as we have already said, pets love simple and appetizing things. What’s the most simple and tasty of a bowl of fresh water and a handful of crisps after a long journey?
- Veterinary assistance: animals like dog and cat suffer far more hot than us. The danger of a heat stroke is not to be underestimated. Real pet friendly hotels should have easy access to a veterinary clinic. Indeed, it would be even better if there was a convention between the veterinarian and the hotel.
- Cat Bed / Bags for dog stools. Needless to deny it: pets are dirty. For this reason it is a good thing for the hotel to provide itself with cat litter or bags to collect dog stools and make them free of charge to customers. The minimum cost of the structure is greatly reimbursed: staff will not have to clean surfaces smeared by animal stools.
7. Pet Sitter: This is a professional animal caretaker. Its presence is not indispensable but having him at the hotel can be useful when guests have to go to places where animals are not allowed (for example in museums). Certainly less stressful solution than closing the animals in a cage or leaving them alone in the yard!